Are you looking for the best cable tester? Based on expert reviews, we ranked them. We've listed our top-ranked picks, including the top-selling cable tester.
- Cable tester tests voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (coax F-connector) terminated cables with clearly defined results
- Measure cable length up to 2000 feet (610 m)
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults
- Backlit LCD screen displays cable length, wiremap, cable ID and test results
- Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires with multiple style tone generator (requires analog probe Cat. No. VDV500-123; sold...
- TEST TERMITED CABLES CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT6A (RJ45) and patch cords
- LARGE BACKLIT LCD for low lit areas displays pin to pin wiremap results
- VERSATILE test for open, short, miswire or split-pair faults, cross-over and shield
- EASY-TO-IDENTIFY test responses, intuitive and simple three button feature
- TONE on single wire, wire pair or all 8 conductor wires
- Automatically runs all tests and checks for continuity, open, shorted and crossed wire pairs. Visible LED status display.
- Cable state testing (2-wire): Line DC detecting, anode and cathode determination,Ringing signal detecting open, short and cross circuit testing
- Cable Type: RJ11 Telephone cable and RJ45 LAN cable
- Connectors: Ethernet Cat 5, Ethernet Cat 5e, Ethernet Cat 6, Ethernet Cat 7, RJ11 6P and RJ45 8P
- Cable tester with single button testing of RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 terminated voice and data cables
- Tests CAT3, CAT5e and CAT6/6A cables
- Fast LED responses indicate cable status (Pass, Miswire, Open-Fault, Short-Fault, and Shield)
- Test remote stores securely in tester body
- Compact tester easily fits in your pocket
- Main Function : Detecting PoE voltage, current, power, PSE standards Power supply modes, Verify RJ45 cables
- 1. Three scan modes selectable: AC filter mode/ Analog mode/ PoE mode
- 2. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V). Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable.
- 3. Measure cable length accurately , the range is 200m.
- 4. Hub blink for locating network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M/1000M Hub/ switch.
- Capable of testing XLR, Phone, Phono, and speakON connectors
- Also tests DIN, Ethernet, and USB Type A to Type B cables
- Equipped with removable leads to verify continuity of additional connectors and jacks
- Operation requires one 9-volt battery (included)
- Easy to use and incredibly versatile
- Microprocessor-controlled cable tester featuring 3 modes: cable and installed cable test plus test tone mode
- Accepts all standard connectors: XLR, TRS (1/4", 1/8", TT), RCA and MIDI
- Super-easy operation with intuitive LED display
- Continuity check and intermittent contact detection
- Phantom-power and ground-shield check
- Cable tester tests coaxial cable and maps up to 4 locations
- Simple push button operation
- Easy-to-read LED panel indicates PASS, OPEN or SHORT conditions and the location of each cable
- Color-coded push-on remotes allow for up to four cables to be tested and mapped
- Test remotes and F-adapter snap into the remote holder and clip onto the tester for easy access and storage
- ▶【Three scan modes】AC filter mode/ Analog mode/ PoE mode
- ▶【PoE testing】Test the information of standard PoE device, such as POE voltage, power supply polarity, power supply mode and also the type of...
- ▶【Hub blink】Locate network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M/1000M Hub/ switch.
- ▶【Length measurement】Cable length testing accuracy can be up to 98% and 200 m.
- ▶【Cable continuity testing & NCV】Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V).
- Copper cable verifier for testing voice/data/video with integrated RJ11, RJ45, and coax cable, test ports support low voltage testing with no need for...
- Includes MicroScanner2 cable verifier with detachable wire map adapter, user guide, (2) AA alkaline batteries, carry pouch, 1 year warranty
- Oversized backlit LCD screen displays clear results in bright light or complete dark with intuitive icons, shows 4 test modes at once: Graphical wire...
- Cable Tests include Length (460 meter or 1500 feet with resolution to 0.3 meter or 1 feet), wire map to TIA 568A/B standards, remote ID locators. Coax...
- Rugged housing with integrated rubber easy grip holster and magnetic strap, locates virtually any cable or wire pair with Intellitone digital and...
- LED Indicator: It helps confirm each conductor’s connection and enables you to repair or replace while something goes wrong or broken in the...
- Quick Testing: It boasts an all-in-one solution to help identify cable continuity issues, can support 13 cables at the same time.
- Rugged and Durable: The 15-in-1 cable tester is built in a strong, compact metal casing, it is a great long-term item to help keep your audio setup...
- 10-Way Switch: This cable tester which is powered by a battery((not included) equipped with a 10-way switch for selecting connections to be tested.
- Test With the Best: The cable checker accepts every type of cable you might use in a recording or live performance situation, helpful and functional.
- QUICK TESTING: Offers easy way to make sure your audio cables are working properly. Supports nearly all cable types used in the sound recording...
- LED INDICATOR: The LED light panel features 8 indicators that let you know if your cable has full continuity and which pins are functioning or broken....
- INTERNAL BATTERY: Features internal battery and ground connection status check. Also equipped with a 6-way switch for selecting connections to be...
- RUGGED AND DURABLE: The Pyle 12-in-1 pro audio cable tester is built in a strong, compact metal casing. The PCT40 is made to last, and is a great...
- SUPPORTS 12 CABLES: Tests cables with all combinations of the following connections - USB, ¼” TRS jacks, 3 pin XLR male, 3 pin XLR female, 5 pin...
- Quickly detects wiring faults in network and Coax cables
- Test patch cables or installed cables
- Identifies correct wiring, opens, shorts, reversals, miswired, split pairs, and Shielded cables
- Auto power off
- Tests Shielded, Unshielded Twisted pair, and Coax
- 🔎【Digital cable scanning】NF-8209 lan cable tester is a new generation to offer AC filter and analog signaling all in one network toner and...
- 🔎【Fault distance location】Rj45 cable tester measure cable length and locate fault distance accurately for lan cable. the range is 200m.That...
- 🔎【Multi Function】Network cable tester kit includes cable length measurement , cable faults testing, PoE testing, hub blink and NCV function,...
- 🔎【PoE information testing & Hub blink】 Identify which pins are providing power and detect how much voltage, identify which the type of PSE...
- 🔎【Cable continuity testing & NCV】Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V).
- Cable Performance testing up to 10GBASE-T via frequency-based measurements
- Network features including: Nearest Switch Diagnostics including advertised data rate, switch name and port number, and VLAN
- PoE Verification – Detects the PoE class (1-8) and power, and performs a load test of available PoE from the connected switch
- Includes IntelliTone Probe to assist in locating cables
- Identify good connections, opens, shorts and crosses
- Automatically scans when cables connected and unit turned on
- Two scan speeds: fast or slow
- Maps connector and cable pin out
- Tests cables up to 1,650′ or 500 m
- Cable tester locates, tests and measures coaxial, data (RJ45) and telephone (RJ11) cables
- Identify wiring faults including miswire, open fault, short fault, split-pair, wire map
- Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Measure cable length and distance-to-fault with Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology
- Four tone options with probe included
- ✅【Wire Tracker】It can help you quickly find the target line in many pairs. It is suitable for tracking RJ45 internet cable, RJ11 telephone line,...
- ✅【Network Cables Verifying】Plug one side of the cable into the emitter and the other side into the receiver. Select "Network" to check and...
- ✅【Wire Tracking】It can trace not only Ethernet LAN wires, but also electrical and speaker wires when connecting to the alligator clip. In this...
- ✅【Additional Earphone & Equipped Lamp】In a noisy environment, you can put on the earphones to accurately find the target cable by comparing the...
- ✅【What You Get】Professional Cable Tester Set & User Manual, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and lifetime friendly customer service. If you...
- 【Main Function-Fault Distance】Measures cable length and display the distance to fault, graphical wire mapping, opens, shorts.
- 【PoE & PING】PoE: Identify PoE presence and detect how much voltage. PING: To test network performance, data packet, min & max time.
- 【AC Filter】Tone trace cable with complete AC Interference Rejection, available on common switch & PoE Switch, much stronger than other tracers on...
- 【Hub Blink】To locate network port by the flashing port light on a server/switch/hub/router port.
- 【AT278 Cable Tester Benefits】TF card included to export data to PC; Voltage detector: included in receiver (90-1000V); Rechargeable Lithium...
- 1/4 TRS 6.35mm Jacks
- XLR (Male & Female), RCA, MIDI and DIN
- RCA, MIDI and DIN connections
- 2, 4, & 8 Pole Speakons, and 1/8" Mini Stereo 3.5mm
- RJ45 CAT5e Network, DMX (3 Pin & 5 Pin)
Having trouble finding a great cable tester?
This problem is well understood by us because we have gone through the entire cable tester research process ourselves, which is why we have put together a comprehensive list of the best cable testers available in the market today.
After hours of searching and using all the models on the market, we have found the best cable tester for 2023. See our ranking below!
How Do You Buy The Best Cable Tester?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great cable tester? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind?
We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching cable tester, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest cable tester available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
John Harvards has done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for cable tester that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an cable tester?
- What benefits are there with buying an cable tester?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective cable tester?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any cable tester, much less the best one?
- Which cable tester are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about cable tester?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding cable tester, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for cable tester, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible cable tester. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
John Harvards provides an cable tester buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information.
How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available cable tester currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of cable tester has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an cable tester?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your cable tester.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade cable tester objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their cable tester.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an cable tester, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an cable tester is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
John Harvards always remembers that maintaining cable tester information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding cable tester is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!
- Best Presidium Duo Tester Gem And Diamond Tester
- Best Datashark Cable Tester
- Best Apple Lightning Cable Tester
- Best Fluke Coaxial Cable Tester
- Best Fluke Coaxial Cable Tester
- Best Ethernet Cable Tester
- Best The Best Battery Tester
- Best Capacitor Tester
- Best Circuit Tester
- Best Compression Tester For The Money
Q: What does an Ethernet cable tester do?
A: An ethernet cable tester is a device that is designed to verify whether or not an Ethernet computer network cable is capable of successfully transferring data from “point A” to “point B.”.
Q: What is the function of cable tester?
A: A cable tester is an electronic device used to verify the electrical connections in a signal cable or other wired assembly. Basic cable testers are continuity testers that verify the existence of a conductive path between ends of the cable, and verify the correct wiring of connectors on the cable.
Q: How do Ethernet cable testers work?
A: They test the wires in a Ethernet cable, by first checking the individual cable treads for shorts or open circuit, and then for shorts between the cable pairs, and that they are connected correctly. There are also testers on the market, that check the capacity between the pairs in case they are mixed up somehow.
Q: What is a network cable tester?
A: A network cable tester can be a simple apparatus that merely identifies whether current flows through the cable, or it may be a professional-level, complex device that gives additional information that helps identify the problem.