Baseball is one of the most popular games in America, and most kids want to play this game. So, for parents, it’s pretty challenging to select the right gear for their kids, especially the gloves. There are factors that they have to consider, such as size, material, quality, and many more.
The suitable gloves ensure that the child has the best game experience, so you should be careful while picking one. But you don’t have to worry as we have gathered together a list of basketball gloves that are best for any eight years old.
Our Top Picks of 2023
1. Rawlings Players Glove Series – Best Baseball Glove for 8-Year-Old
If your kid has started to play baseball, these baseball gloves from Rawlings are perfect for them. As a new player, any eight-year-old will want gloves that are perfectly fitted and do not feel uncomfortable, and this is what these gloves do.
If the budget is your constraint, you don’t have to worry about that because it is cheaper than most of the gloves out there but guarantees the best quality.
It has a pattern of closed basket web so that it is relatively easy for a kid to catch the ball and hold it. It provides enough stability so that any newcomer can use it with ease.
- Comfortable and flexible
2. Rawlings Select PRO LITE Glove Series – Recommended by Professionals
The next one on our list is another glove from Rawlings. Rawling is one brand that you can easily rely upon. The gloves from Rawlings are loved and used by several players. Even professional players believe in this brand.
So, for an eight-year-old, we can say these gloves are best. It lets the emerging young players get the feel of a professional player while using these gloves. It is designed so that it easily fits the player’s little hand comfortably.
As an eight-year-old is growing, so is their hand size; for growing hand size, the Rawlings select pro lite series should be the go-to gloves. Break-in is one of the concerns for parents, but as these gloves are made up of leather, you don’t have to worry about that. Generally, it is an excellent purchase for a potential baseball player.
- Provides greater control
- Cushioned lining
- Palm padding
3. WILSON A2000 Baseball Glove Series – Best Comfortable Baseball Glove for Kids
You can easily rely on Wilson with their baseball gloves. This Wilson A2000 glove is designed in a way that is comfortable for any kid. It is equipped with the latest technology that makes these gloves the best choice for your kid. One thing that every parent has is durability, and Will A2000 gloves ensure that it is durable glove that can be used for years to come.
It aids the glove in maintaining its shape over a long period. To choose a nice glove, you must first understand everything about the gloves. So, in these gloves, you get deep pockets that ensure that the ball doesn’t get popped.
The webbing in this glove is fantastic. Even the major league baseball players appreciate this Wilson glove. It ensures that the sweat is absorbed quickly so that the player’s hand will remain dry. This is one of the advantages of this, and it is a perfect choice for the game in hot weather.
Overall, we may conclude that this glove is anti-warmth. It’s also surprisingly soft given the material. The form is excellent. The durability of this glove is also exceptional. As a result, you can’t go wrong with this glove.
- foam padding
- Moisture absorbing
4. Rawlings Renegade Baseball/Softball Glove Series
Rawlings gloves for the kids are one of their best products. They ensure that the gloves are best up of the best materials and perfect quality. They keep in mind the eight years old and then design the glove. These gloves look super cool, and any kid will love to have them.
Whenever a kid uses a baseball glove, there is a high chance that they might face some issues. But these Rawlings gloves have been taken into consideration and solved several problems associated with the baseball gloves. This glove fits perfectly into the hands of the kids giving them a perfect baseball experience.
The kids get the padded foaming inside the glove that ensures that it is comfortable to wear them for long hours. Also, it has a soft lining which gives it a perfect structure and also keeps them long-lasting. It is made up of leather which should be the first choice. You should always prefer leather gloves. So we can totally recommend this product for your kid.
- Flexible and deep pockets
- Made from high-quality materials
- Palm and finger cushion
5. Franklin Sports Teeball Infinite Web/Shok-Sorb Combo Series Fielding Glove
This is another budget-friendly glove. The Franklin sports brand is quite popular among baseball players. Even though the price is low, they produce the best quality, perfect for any eight-year-old kid.
The company keeps in mind the comfortability of the child. That is why it has very soft palm padding, and it can also absorb the shock.
So, that is why the kids will not feel the sting or vibration of the ball. In this way, your kid’s hand will be well protected from the impact of the ball. The webbing of this glove is one of its best qualities.
You are getting the web inside the glove that can easily be expanded, providing maximum flexibility. So, you can surely go on with these lightweight and flexible gloves.
- Adjustable web
6. Mizuno Prospect Finch – Youth Utility Mitt
Mizuno Prospect Finch is one of the brands recommended by baseball and softball players alike. So, you can imagine the quality of this glove. This glove comes with comfortable padding so that the kids can have the best and fantastic game experience.
It is made up of good leather, so durability is not an issue. It can be used for many years, which is what parents want. In baseball, the ball comes at a fast pace, but due to its shack absorbing padding, it ensures that your kid’s hands are safe, and they can easily catch that ball without getting worried about getting hurt.
Also, these gloves ensure that your kids hands are dry and cool. It has a perspiration and sweat-absorbing technology. So, with this, you know that your kid can quickly wear these gloves for a longer time.
These fantastic features will make you love and appreciate this children’s baseball glove. This is the best glove you need if you want your child to start their game flawlessly and improve gradually. The glove offers a fantastic possibility, durability, stellar result, and safety.
- Shock absorbing
- Made up of leather
- Sweat absorbing
Buyer’s Guide To Buying Best Baseball Glove For 8-Year-Old Kids
When playing baseball, one essential thing is the right gear. If the equipment is not perfectly fitted, it will be very uncomfortable for the players. The suitable gloves will allow the player for greater control.
If the glove is not of correct measurements that it will be potentially distractive. You have to be of utmost care in selecting the baseball gloves for the kids. It is equally important to consider all the essential factors.
You should buy high-quality gloves made of durable materials. As a result, there are a lot of things to think about. You must exercise caution when selecting one because there are numerous factors to consider.
Because if you purchase the incorrect items for your child, it will impact their game. As a result, we’ve developed a list of the most important characteristics to look for when buying baseball gloves for an eight-year-old.
The first and essential thing that you should consider while picking up a baseball glove for your kid is to get the correct size. If it is too small or too large, it will affect the game, and also, it is not suitable for their wrist and hand health.
There are different positions in baseball, so for various positions, there are different types of gloves with other sizes available. The correct size glove will ensure that the eight-year-old will play the best and most fantastic game. So, before finalizing your purchase, always refer to the size chart.
When shopping for children’s products, one of the most important factors to consider is durability. If you’re looking for a baseball glove, be sure it’s built of the best materials and is durable. As a result, you must assess whether or not the gloves are lasting, as they will be used for extended periods.
Quality, fabric, and other factors must all be considered. If the equipment is well-made, your child will be able to use it for many years until he outgrows it.
When dealing with kids’ products, it is always recommended to look for the best material. Kids’ skin is sensitive, so that any lousy quality product will affect them.
You should not go for gloves with plastic in them instead of leather. The plastic material will not suit your kid, and it might cause other issues. In comparison, the leather will not harm your kids’ hands and will also last longer.
Closed Or Open Web
Webbing means a web connecting the thumbs and fingers of the players. Webbing is an essential factor as it determines the grip and control. However, it is up to the player whether they want a closed web or an open web.
When you buy baseball gloves for your kid, one thing that might affect that purchase is the budget. But you have to remember that only the costlier products are best. You can get the best quality gloves on your limited budget too.
You just have to look thoroughly. Even the budgeted one delivers the best performance. However, before buying, make sure to read all of its features. Even if you have a limited budget, you can discover gloves that fit your requirements. So, consider all of the factors listed above and select the ideal device to aid your children.
What is a perfect way to buy baseball gloves for kids?
Always purchase gloves that comfortably fit around the wrist and are not too tight. Make sure it fits precisely on the child’s palm so that their fingers can move freely. When selecting a glove, have the player squeeze it several times to confirm that they can close it.
What are the prices of MLB gloves?
Consumers should expect to pay between two hundred to five hundred dollars for popular glove styles worn by pros. Surprisingly, only a tiny percentage of Major League Baseball players use custom-made gloves.
Is there additional padding in first baseman gloves?
To prevent misdirected hops, some first baseman gloves have extra padding in the palm or near the heel of the glove. While higher-quality leather will automatically provide more protection, these extra layers will provide additional warmth.
What is the purpose of batting gloves in baseball?
Batting gloves are worn by baseball players at all levels for various reasons. Their hands sweat in hot weather, so wearing batting gloves helps them keep their hold on the bat. Batting gloves can assist in preventing sting and vibration in colder conditions.
SO, we have seen that it’s pretty tricky to get the perfect gloves for your kids, but it is not an impossible task. We have also mentioned some of the best gloves perfect for any eight-year-old emerging baseball player. However, finding suitable gloves will make the game more enjoyable for the player. Also, always check the glove size first, since it is crucial.
Before purchasing baseball gloves for your child, always review the buyer’s guide. You will make the most important decision and choose the best option for your child’s needs. To get a better understanding, look at the customer reviews.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- SOFT AND LIGHTWEIGHT: The lightweight, soft mesh construction makes this glove easy to use for younger players
- READY TO PLAY: The soft palm construction means there is no need to break in. This glove comes all ready to play.
- HAND FORMED POCKET: The glove pocket is designed specifically to the contours of a kids hand for an easy comfortable fit
- BALL INCLUDED: This combo set includes a soft foam ball so you have everything you need for playing indoors or out.
- NOTE: Left Hand Thrower glove, worn on right hand to throw with left, Right Hand Throw equals to glove worn on left hand to throw with right
- Two-Piece Closed Weave Web
- CarbonLite Shell helps reduce the weight without sacrificing durability
- Black/Grey leather in a timeless look
- Velcro design for easy in-game adjustments
- SOFT AND LIGHTWEIGHT: The lightweight, soft mesh construction makes this glove easy to use for younger players.
- READY TO PLAY: The soft palm construction means there is no need to break in. This glove comes all-ready to play.
- HAND FORMED POCKET: The glove pocket is designed specifically to the contours of a kids hand for an easy comfortable fit.
- BALL INCLUDED: This combo set includes a soft foam ball, so you have everything you need for playing indoors or out.
- NOTE: Left Hand Throw glove, worn on right hand to throw with left, Right Hand Throw equals to glove worn on left hand to throw with right.
- Shok-Sorb palm padding to reduce the sting of catching in the palm
- Infinite Web construction allows web to expand to twice its depth
- Functional, lightweight glove
- Ideal for young tee ball players
- Color is graphite/blue
- Extra Comfort & Protection: The high-density cushioned palm and index finger pads makes it perfect for catching baseball with minimum sting on the...
- Classic Baseball Glove Design: Fully customized high-quality leather ensures a stunning look, an exquisite design and a solid performance in this...
- Quality Guaranteed: This glove come constructed from high-quality PU leather and is fairly lightweight, pliable, wear-resistant; With leather cord and...
- Available in Four Size: 9.5 inches suggested for 2 3 4 years old toddler kid; 10.5 inches suggested for 5 6 7 8 9 years old kid; 11.5 inches suggested...
- Designed for beginners: Durable and lightweight textured vinyl design for optimal balance, added quickness, and an easy-to-close feel; Designed as a...
- PERFECT FOR KIDS: This lightweight glove and ball set is perfect for toddlers and young players to play catch and practice their baseball skills!
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: The soft foam construction is lightweight and designed to be safe and easy for kids to play and learn with
- READY TO PLAY: The RTP (ready to play) construction ensures that these gloves never need to be broken in. These teeball gloves are ready to go right...
- ADJUSTABLE FIT: The self-stick wrist closure tab lets players adjust the wrist size for a perfect, personalized fit every time
- RIGHT HAND THROW: This glove is worn on the left hand so players can throw with their right
- ⚾ Glove Worn on Left Hand: Our baseball glove is fit for toddler, kids, youth and adult, who is right hand throw = wear left hand glove. Great for...
- ⚾ Baseball Glove Materials: This softball glove is made of superior soft PU synthetic cowhide, very pliable and durable. Easy to squeeze around the...
- ⚾ Soft Bouncy Ball: Made of high quality foamed PU. Same dimensions as a regulation baseball but much lighter weight and softer, so it's a perfect...
- ⚾ Durable Baseball Glove: With premium leather cord and professional softball glove sewing thread to strengthen. Can withstand strong blows and...
- ⚾ Comfortable Wear: Our t ball mitt has spongia stereoscopic design in the wrist back. Comfortable for wear, prevents the wrist from abrasion....
- Gloves Materials: This glove come constructed from high-quality Synthetic Leather. PU lining is fairly light-weight, pliable, wear-resistant.
- Gloves Design: The synthetic leather glove pocket is designed specifically to the contours of a youth hand for an easy comfortable fit
- Break In: The glove is soft. It is easy and quick to break in. It's a good beginning for youth player training.
- Perfect Gift: The earlier the kids introduced to baseball, the earlier they can enjoy the great fun. So get them a quality glove and start training...
- Note: Right Hand Throw = Left Hand Glove, Left Hand Throw = Right Hand Glove
Q: What are the best youth baseball gloves?
A: #1) Wilson Infield Baseball Glove – A2000 SuperSkin. … #2) Rawlings R9 Youth Infielder Baseball Glove. … #3) Rawlings Prodigy Mens Baseball Glove. … #4) Mizuno Prospect Youth Baseball Glove. … #5) FerDIM Baseball Glove for Youth. … #6) Franklin Sports Baseball Infielders Fielding Glove. … #7) Baseball Infield Training glove – AllStar Training Mitt. …
Q: What is the average pitching speed for 8 year old?
A: The average fastball is between 50-60 mph for a pitcher in the Majors division of Little League (11-13 yo). Pitchers in the Little League World Series throw fastballs 60-70+ mph. Only a few pitchers touched 70+ mph in 2015 and 2016. One man-child hit 81 mph on the radar.
Q: What size is a youth baseball glove?
A: Glove Size; Youth: Fastpitch: Infield: 10.5″ – 11″ Youth: Fastpitch: Outfield: 11″ – 11.5″ Adult: Fastpitch: Infield: 11.5″ – 12″ Adult: Fastpitch: Outfield/1st Base: 12″ – 13″ Adult: Slowpitch: Infield: 12″ – 13″ Adult: Slowpitch: Outfield: 12.5″ – 14″
Q: How to measure a baseball glove?
A: – Measure around the hand at the fullest part (exclude thumb) – Measure from the tip of the middle finger to the base of the hand. – Use the largest of these two measurements for the correct size glove. – If you are right handed, take measurements from your right hand. – If you are left handed, take measurements from your left hand.