Tennis racquets come in a variety of sizes. All of this is dependent on the ability level and the intended use. Oversize tennis rackets are used only by weaker or elderly players. However, this assumption is incorrect.
Anyone who wants to enhance their game can use it. We’re going to look at some of the top racquets today. These are all flexible, but they have a lot of power. We’ll also go over the criteria you should use when hunting for the ideal racquet for you.
Top Racquets of 2023
1. Wilson Serena Williams Tennis Racquet – Editor’s Pick
This racquet is also used by world champion Serena Williams. She has been playing with this racquet and promoting it for a long time. It is preferred by Venus Williams too. As it is favored by professional players, this racquet is best to improve your game.
The head is more significant than usual, which will give you more space to hit the ball with a mighty swing. The racquet has the best ball and racquet connection. It is so because there is a FeelFlex technology.
It makes sure that your strike is up to a point. The racquet is flexible, so it is the best one for beginners and intermediate players. It gives you a lot of confidence to hit the ball in style.
- Best for beginners
- Stylish design
2. HEAD Graphene 360 Radical S Tennis Racquet
This tennis racquet provides the best control for the player. The head size is large enough to give you the perfect space for the ball. The GRAVITY S proves that dominance isn’t limited to the world’s most prestigious courts. Being an enormous tennis racquet, this racquet is light in weight.
It uses a great technique that combines graphite and spiral fibers. Alexander Zverev is a supporter of the GRAVITY Series. So, it is the easiest racquet to play with.
3. Babolat Pure Drive Plus 2023 Tennis Racquet
If you are a beginner or an intermediate player, this racquet is perfect for them. Although it is an oversized racquet, it is so light in weight. This will help you to hit the ball faster and more swiftly.
The Babolat Pure Drive rackets have always been designed for clean ball strikers who want to increase their power output. If you’re going to add more pop to your game, this is a beautiful racquet. It also has a long length to it.
This feature will assist you in gaining additional power and spin. Not only that, but it is also covered in new technology, in which there are diamond-shaped holes, and also the string space is vast. So, in this way, you will get a good spin on your ball.
- Comfortable grip
- Extra-long length
4. Wilson Clash 108 Tennis Racquet
This is another racquet from Wilson. Wilson is one of the top brands for tennis racquets. They are known for producing some of the best quality racquets. One can vouch for their racquets in terms of quality and performance.
The same is the case with the Wilson clash 108 racquets. The size of this racquet is more significant as compared to other oversize tennis racquets. And while playing, you will get a perfect grip and control on the swings. Since it has an ideal grip, it is comfortable to use.
The reason behind all these fantastic features is that because it is flexible, the carbon fiber used in its production provides a perfect balance.
- Large sweet spot
- Firm grip
5. Dunlop Sports SX 600 Tennis Racket
If a player wants more spin, then the Dunlop SPorts racquet is a perfect choice. This is because it is an exceptional spin technology. Some grommets will boost the spin, and you can slide the strings so that you can give your ball a spin. It comes with other fantastic features too.
You get the SOnic core feature that makes sure that the racquet material is comfortable. This is not it. It has a tremendous stringbed too. The design of it is unique; you will feel responsive after your racquet hits the ball.
It helps you to stay focused and concentrated.
- Spin boos grommets
- Sonic core technology
- Unique stringbed
6. HEAD New MxG 7 Racket
This racquet, without a doubt, is the powerful racquet out there in the market. If we talk about this brand Head, then their tagline is Power. So, their racquets give a powerful performance. This racquet not only helps you to ace your game but also provides you with extra control.
You get a perfect sweet spot with its large size. Although the head is large, it is easy to balance and improves your swing, allowing you to take the shot with full power. This racquet utilizes MxG and graphene technology, so the weight is evenly spread, which means there is no issue of stability. Due to its lightweight, you can easily swing.
While playing with sweat is common, there might be chances of racquets slipping away. But this is not an issue with this racquet. The grip has sweat-absorbent material.
- Advance technology
- Sweat absorbing grip
7. Volkl-V-Feel V1 Pro Tennis Racquet
Volkl might not be as famous as other brands, but Volkl provides one of the best tennis racquets. Volkl, for example, is the pinnacle of strength and flexibility with their V-feel racquet. It is designed so that it adds control and stability so that you can get your perfect shot.
Aside from that, you’ll appreciate the sensation of playing with this racquet because it employs unique Cell technology. EVA is used to create the racquet.
- V feel racquet
- Made up to EVA material
8. Wilson Pro Staff Precision XL 110
So, if any player is struggling to get their smash, shots, volley right, this Wilson pro racquet is the one to go for. The size of the frame is one hundred and ten inches, so you are getting a perfect sweet spot. So there is enough space for you to take that one shot.
And also, you are getting great power with this racquet. It is perfect for smash shots. The ratio of its weight to its frame is ideal, so the player can easily hit with great power. Wilson has used Arch technology in these oversize racquets.
It adds stability to the racquets. Because of this stability, you will be able to hit precise shots. As a result, it is reasonable to claim that this racquet is designed for recreational and beginner players.
This racquet is an ideal transitional racquet to improve your game’s quality. This racquet has a great touch and feels, allowing you to have better control. Even though this model is powerful, it still delivers a high level of comfort.
This racquet also provides a superb balance of power and control. Meanwhile, this product is suitable for gamers who are rapidly improving and seeking different quality.
- Volcanic frame technology
- Perfect weight
- Balanced stability
Buyer’s Guide To Buying Best Oversize Tennis Racquets
The tennis racquet you choose will have a significant impact on the way you play. Purchasing a new tennis racket or any new tennis equipment, like tennis machines or racquet bags might be intimidating. And if you’re going to spend money, it should be on the best product possible.
So, before you go out and buy a racquet, keep a few things in mind. We’ve put together a buying guide to assist you in deciding which racquet to purchase. You’ll be able to get the most incredible racket and feel more confident on the court, which will lead to a more fun game of tennis.
There are three levels in tennis: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Different racquets are available; you should always select the tennis racquet according to your skill. For beginners, an oversize racquet is best, as it will help you get a hold of the racquet, and you will easily make contact with the ball.
You have to make sure that the head frame of the racquet is more prominent in size than usual. Oversize rackets are used by upper skill level players too, and you can use them to get control and practice but go for a heavier oversize racquet.
Weight Of The Racquet
Next to skill level, the other important factor in selecting an oversize tennis racquet is its weight. If you are using the wrong weight racquet, it will affect your game. So, make sure the racquet you are using is not too heavy, and it is not causing a strain on your arms, and you can hold it comfortably.
One of the essential parts of a tennis racquet is the strings. It determines how your play will be. So, as we know, oversize racquets can be used by players at all skill levels, but their strings are different. For beginner and intermediate multifilament strings are best, and for the advanced player, polyester strings must be the first choice.
The Size Of The Grip
You hold the racquet with its handle, and the grip around the handle is essential. It will determine the intensity of your shots and swings. The better the grip, the better the shots. As a result, you must be aware of it as well.
If the grip size is small, then there will be more spin. In fact, the right grip size will make sure that you are not injured while playing. But comfortable is the benchmark. Always buy the tennis racquet in which you feel comfortable playing.
Size Of The Head
You should go for a larger head size; as a beginner and intermediate player, it will be helpful to you. As the head is significant, you have more chances of getting the shot and improving. If the head is small, there are high chances of the ball hitting the racquet’s frame.
Are oversize racquets used by professional players?
No, the oversize tennis racquets are for the players who are not that good in the game or are learning the game. Since the professional players are already advanced in the game, it is rare for them to use this racquet on the court. In Fact, they prefer to use small-size racquets.
Is the size of your tennis racket important?
Yes, different sizes have different purposes. If the racquet is long, then you have more reach on groundstrokes. It also increases the amount of power available.
The extra length, on the other hand, results in heavier swing weight and maybe less control. Some players may find shorter racquets easier to manage.
What are the signs that my tennis racket is too big?
If you want to check if the racquet is a perfect fit for you, then you should check the grip size. There should be space for your index finger. If there’s not then the racquet is small for you.
Is it advantageous to have a longer tennis racquet?
Yes, it might help players who are looking for a great swing. They will also have a better reach. One crucial factor is that higher swing weight equals greater power and stability. These long racquets also serve with a higher contact point and have more power.
So, we have seen tennis racquets have different features and sizes. Since an oversize racquet is preferred by beginners, it is vital to select the best one to improve your game and move to the next level.
The product mentioned in this article will help you achieve that. You can choose whichever fits your guideline. But before buying the tennis racquet, always consult the buying guide. And also, it is better to read the customer reviews to get the right idea.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- 【Ready to Play】 : This pre-strung and re-grip tennis racket comes with a full cover that has a strap.
- 【Easy to Control】: 102 in² head size gives this tennis racket a big sweet spot,that greatly increase the hitting rate. The head light balance...
- 【Solid and Light weight】: By adopting whole shaped technology,the tennis racket has the the characteristic of high intensity and durability. The...
- 【Perfect for Adult Beginner to Intermediate Player】: This 27 inch tennis racket has two color options for both men and women, and two package...
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Risk Free 】: We promise that each racket will past through high standards of strict test before packaging. Every...
- Wilson Profile 25 Junior/Youth Recreational Tennis Racket
- Recommended for ages 9-10
- Warm and cold color palettes collide at 3 & 9 of frame for fun, contrasting look
- AirLite Alloy construction creates lightweight frame with power and durability
- QuadriForm Technology stabilizes swing for better consistency
- Wilson Blade 98 V6 Adult Performance Tennis Racket - Grip Size 4 - 4 1/2"
- Open string pattern adds flexibility and provides better feel for ball
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- X2 Ergo compatible handle creates optimal personalized feel for modern 2-handed backhand
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
- A powerhouse in the tennis world makes its return for the modern game. The Prince Graphite OS 110 50th Anniversary is identical to the original...
- Head Size: 110 sq. in. / 710 sq. cm.
- Length: 27 in.
- Strung Weight: 12.9 oz. / 367 g. Unstrung Weight 12.4 oz. / 352 g.
- String Pattern: 16 Mains x 19 Crosses
- HEAD PERFORMANCE: Born out of revolutionizing how we ski and play tennis, HEAD has constantly pushed athletic equipment into the modern era. For all...
- QUALITY PRE-STRUNG: HEAD Velocity multifilament tennis string provides an arm-friendly feel with low vibration and minimal shock on off-center hits.
- GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGY: Uniquely strong Graphene material has been integrated into the throat for added stability.
- OVERSIZE HEADSIZE: 110 Square Inch head size to provide additional power and a larger sweetspot
- STRUNG WEIGHT: 9.4 OZ. - LENGTH: 685 mm / 27.0 in - BEAM: 24/26/22 mm
- V-Matrix Technology creates larger sweet spot for increased power
- AirLite Alloy frame composition delivers lightweight strength
- Stop Shock Sleeves for reduced racket vibration and improved feel
- Extra large head generates greater power
- Extra length provides extended reach and court coverage
- 107 sq in head size
- HEAD PEDIGREE: Born out of revolutionizing how we ski and play tennis, HEAD has constantly pushed athletic equipment into the modern era. For all...
- MICROGEL TECH: On ball impact, Head MicroGel uniformly distributes the impact load around the frame to provide a rock-solid feel and unique touch.
- GRAPHITE COMPOSITE: When combined with carbon composite in the racquet head, the MicroGel deforms and compresses upon ball impact, uniformly absorbing...
- OVERSIZE HEAD: The adult tennis racket features a 107" head and is a great choice for any players seeking a control-oriented racket with an arm...
- DIMENSIONS: Frame Weight: 315 g / 11.1 oz, Head Size : 107in, Grip Size: 4 3/8in, Length: 27in, String Pattern: 18/19.
- 107 sq in oversize head
Q: What is the best tennis racket for beginners?
A: – Wilson Burn 100 Series Tennis Racket – Babolat 2019 Boost D – Wilson Adult Recreational Tennis Racket – HEAD Graphene 360+ Gravity Pro Tennis Racquet – Wilson Blade Team Tennis Racket – Babolat Pure Aero 2019 Tennis Racquet
Q: How to choose a tennis racquet?
A: Think about your own playing style and body shape then match this to the racket Work out the specifications of the racket that will suit you best including head size,length,weight,balance and stiffness Find out your ideal grip size and then buy a racket with this size or 1 grip size smaller
Q: How to properly size junior tennis racquets?
A: – Length: 26″ / 66 cm – Head size: 96 sq inches – Material: Aluminum – Weight: 8.5oz / 240 g – String Pattern: 16/19 – Style #: 7T51U
Q: Do I need a heavy racquet to hit hard?
A: With proper technique you don’t need to be the Hulk or use a heavy racquet to hit a heavy ball. Sometimes it’s actually more difficult to hit a heavy ball with a heavier racquet because you can’t get the kind of racquet head speed and timing that you want.