LGA 1151 is a popular socket for installing a CPU on your PC motherboard. Generally, it is pretty compatible with various processors, like Coffee Lake, Intel, etc. Many people also know it by Socket H4. If you have to set up your gaming PC, you must choose a better-quality CPU to install in this socket. If we talk about performance and speed, gaming systems must run well compared to other basic PCs.
But before you purchase any gaming CPU, you need to determine the processor compatibility and check whether It fits perfectly in the particular socket and must fulfill all your requirements. Consider the following purchasing guide and know the necessary things that one must know while finding an LGA 1151 CPU.
A proper list of all the suitable CPUs that fit well in the LGA 1151 socket ad is great for every gamer. It is pretty easy for a gamer to play complex games using these processors. Let us get started.
Top Picks Best LGA 1151 CPU for Gaming
1. Intel i9-9900K – 8 Cores with 16 Threads
It is an amazing gaming CPU with 16 threads and eight cores that can perfectly fit the available socket. You need not compromise when it comes to high speed and better performance. Your system will work effectively even if you play multiple games or do multiple activities.
It is quite perfect for gamers because it allows them to play complex games. One can multitask while playing different games. It supports high-end graphic cards and other amazing components. Consider all its features in detail.
- It includes eight cores along with 16 threads.
- This processor has 16 MB cache memory which can get functional at the frequency of 3.70 to 5.10 GHz.
- This CPU is pretty compatible with different other motherboards.
- It involves enough memory storage space to cache all the recently visited pages.
- You can also operate this processor with HD 630 graphics.
2. Intel i7-9700K – 8 Threads
When it is about choosing the high-quality CPU, it is an amazing Intel 7th generation processor. Many gamers prefer this device due to its perfect superb performance. It offers high cache memory to load heavy games quickly.
The memory bandwidth is comparatively high. This processor is perfect for gamers. You can also develop HD graphics. Consider all its detailed features to determine whether you should buy it or not.
- It consists of eight threads.
- The processor is available with 12 MB cache memory that works at the nominal frequency.
- You can combine this processor with other types of motherboards.
- You can install the Optane memory.
- It is supportable with the Ultra HD 630 Graphics.
- No cooling device is available in this CPU processor.
- It consists of 64 GB memory that works on the dual-channel 41 GB/s bandwidth.
3. Intel i5-9600K – 6 Threads and Cores
This processor is another popular device on the list, but it supports six threads. You can expect high clock speed to operate multiple functions simultaneously. It is pretty compatible with the LGA socket, and hence, it performs well whenever you play any game.
Many gamers prefer this device and install it on their motherboard. You must explore its features to decide whether you should buy this product or not. Consider its detailed features for comparing this device with others.
- It consists of six cores, i.e., it is enough for gaming.
- The 9 MB cache memory is operatable at a 3.70 GHz frequency.
- You can use the device in other motherboard models.
- It is supportable with Optane memory.
- You can also install and operate UHD 630 graphics.
4. Intel i5-9400F – 6 Threads and Cores
If you need a reasonable processor for playing complex games on the computer system, then you must pick this component. One can expect better performance and amazing speed for playing numerous games and designing graphics.
But you have to require discrete graphics. The thermal solution is included in it. Many gamers prefer this amazing processor. Consider its amazing features in detail.
- It consists of six threads and cores.
- The 9 MB cache memory is easy to operate at the maximum frequency of 4.10 GHz.
- The processor’s DMI3 bus speed is approximately 8 GT/s.
- It is pretty compatible with basic 300 series motherboards.
- There is a requirement for discrete GPU. If one owns any existing GPU, one has to install it with the processor.
- The maximum memory support is approximately 41.6 GB/s bandwidth.
- Two maximum channels of memory are available.
- It is also supportable to the Optane memory.
5. Intel i3-9100F – 4 Cores
If you cannot afford expensive processors, this device can be the ideal choice. This device is available without including any high-end graphics card, which is okay for playing lightweight games.
The Turbo Boost technology is the main highlight of this processor that helps in providing amazing performance and enhances overall productivity. There is an included thermal solution inside the box. It is available with many features.
- It consists of four cores.
- The total storage size is 512 GB which works at a 4.2 GHz frequency.
- The maximum TDP of this device is 65W.
- There is a requirement for discrete graphics to operate this device properly.
- It works better with other motherboards.
- You can upgrade the BIOS system to match the motherboard compatibility.
Consider the following factors before you purchase the compatible CPU processor that fits well in the LGA socket.
1. Speed of the Clock
When you buy a CPU, you must consider the clock speed, i.e., total cycles every second. You can measure the speed in GHz. You must understand that high speed is necessary for a processor to operate heavy software smoothly. Every instruction takes specific cycles for execution.
If you invest your money in 2.4 GHz, then it can execute the instruction in four cycles. The speed matters a lot when one needs to select a high-performing PC processor.
It is a crucial factor that one must always consider. It is pretty necessary to determine the processor’s TDP. You can check how the cooling system of the computer handles released heat. In the case of a high workload, the power dissipation must be high.
The fans must work more to manage the releasing heat. Various CPUs are available with the cooling system within the device to handle TDP easily. But if there is no such feature, then you need to install another device to avoid damage by overheating.
While purchasing a CPU for the gaming PC, it is a must to consider IGP. Basically, it is a small chip for all the users who needs a CPU for processing the graphics.
It is pretty available in the same size and has a perfect cooling system. You can easily replace and upgrade it. It is an essential factor if a gamer needs to play high-end graphical games on his PC.
4. Threads and Cores
A gamer must consider this aspect while purchasing a CPU for their PC. One must be specific about it. The cores are responsible for executing instructions. If your CPU has more cores, your computer will perform better.
It is important to hyper-thread all the cores, i.e., two threads. It will enhance the power by doubling it and also increase the latency to some extent. It is the best for doing multiple operations, but there is no proper workflow as a single core.
Every CPU has a different architecture. It means that they have different physical structures. There is a difference in the performance of every processor. Intel comes up with a new CPU after every interval.
Different CPU architecture means variant energy efficiency. If there have more cores, you must care about the thermal treatment more than usual. In older versions, there are comparatively more cores and better speed as compared to new models.
Every user requires a CPU to multitask. It can operate multiple operations simultaneously. Your computer must work perfectly whenever you play any game or do other things.
You can determine whether you buy a suitable CPU by checking the computer’s performance while multitasking. You should also check the speed of every operation that you are executing on the PC. It helps in understanding whether the CPU fulfills your requirements.
7. Socket Compatibility
You must determine the socket before installing the CPU. The device must support the socket so that it fits well. Generally, all the Intel-based processors are quite compatible with the socket. If you do not consider this factor, you will waste your money on a worthless CPU.
Many gamers consider the in-built GPU for gaming. Nowadays, you will get integrated GPU in all the CPU processors, which makes the device quite expensive. It is pretty hard to play high-quality graphical games without GPU.
If you require better performance and high speed, it is pretty necessary to care about this feature. If you do not own an integrated GPU, then you have to invest money in a separate device. The better quality of GPU you purchase, the better the quality of graphics you will notice on your PC.
9. Turbo Frequency
The device needs to operate at a high turbo frequency to operate the processor smoothly. Ensure that you can handle overheating because sometimes, it happens due to a high rate of frequency. The cooling system of the computer works well to deal with overheating.
The cache memory copies the data from different locations that must have been visited recently and saves them from accessing quickly. The processor needs to have a memory for storing the crucial information of the pages that the gamer has just visited. One can get different cache memory types. You have to select the cache memory as per your requirement.
Anyone who needs to develop a gaming computer needs to fit in the 1151 socket. The user needs to get a suitable processor that fits on this socket available on the motherboard. It is a challenging task but not after reading this write-up.
You must go through the purchasing guide to know your requirements. You can pick any device from the mentioned list that comes within your budget. A gamer will get enough guidance on how to find an ideal processor for gaming purposes.
Many people do not know about this device and its compatible devices. It is pretty necessary to research enough about this socket available on the motherboard and devices that you can install over it.
When you gain the knowledge, it is easy to look for suitable components and buy them on budget. This article is a piece of research that will help you buy the perfect processor for gaming purposes to fit in this 1151 socket of your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Different are Intel Cores Processors?
The number is written after ‘I’ indicates the processing power. Nothing matters about the cores or their speed. The CPU family is pretty independent of the group, but it is dependent on many factors, like hyperthreading, etc.
2. Do Motherboards Come with Included CPU?
Various motherboards of different brands are not available with CPUs. It is pretty necessary to buy both devices separately. If anyone sells these devices together, your computer system will restrict many things. You will get what you want in your gaming system. It will not perform as per your requirement.
3. How Should One Check the Compatibility Between Motherboard and CPU?
You can easily detect the compatibility between motherboard and CPU by its socket, memory and chipset, where it needs to be installed.
4. How Much Money Must You Spend While Purchasing a Motherboard?
Every user has enough budget when purchasing a motherboard. If you need to develop a gaming computer, you must spend more money buying high-quality devices. You will require a good GPU, cooling system, CPU, and other components.
5. Is 1151-pin LGA Socket Perfect for Gaming Purpose?
Yes, it is perfect for playing high-quality games. You must purchase a high-quality 1151 LGA-socket compatible CPU and motherboard.
- Socket LGA 1151
- Intel 200/1001 Series Chipset Compatibility (1. Excludes Intel Optane Technology support)
- Intel HD Graphics 610
- 7th Generation (Kaby Lake)
- 10th Generation Intel Core i3 Processor
- 4 Cores; 8 Threads
- 4.30 GHz Max Turbo Frequency, 3.60 GHz Processor Base Frequency
- 6 MB Intel Smart Cache
- 2 Cores /4 Threads
- 3.8 GHz
- Compatible with Intel 300 Series chipset based motherboards
- Bios update may be required for motherboard compatibility
- Supports Intel Optane Memory
- Supports up to 64GB of DDR4-2400 RAM
- Quad Core Processor
- up to 3.8 GHZ Turbo Frequency
- 3.40 GHz up to 3.80 GHz Max Turbo Frequency / 6 MB Cache
- 6 cores / 12 threads
- Socket Type LGA 1200
- Up to 4.3 GHz
- Compatible with Intel 400 series chipset based motherboards
- Intel Optane Memory Support
- It is lga 1151. 6th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors
- Unlocked processor. Ddr4 & ddr3l support
- Display resolution up to 4096x2304
- Intel turbo boost technology
- Compatible with Intel 100 series chipset motherboards, It does not include a fan
- 10 Cores / 20 Threads
- Socket Type LGA 1200
- Up to 5.2 GHz
- Compatible with Intel 400 series chipset based motherboards
- Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Support
- AMD's fastest 8 core processor for mainstream desktop, with 16 procesing threads. OS Support-Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- Can deliver elite 100-plus FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Cooler not included, high-performance cooler recommended
- 4.7 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards